Tuesday, September 22, 2009

AWW Crap patch 3.2.2 live today

I can't stand up right now, because blizzard just shattered my knee caps with their NERF bat.


  • Righteous Fury: The bonus threat from Holy spells caused by this talent has been reduced from 90% to 80%.
  • Ardent Defender: This talent now reduces damage taken below 35% health by 7/13/20% instead of 10/20/30%.
  • Blessing of Sanctuary: This blessing now grants 10% strength in addition to its current effects. Also, the strength and stamina bonuses from this blessing will no longer be lost when Blessing of Kings is removed.
  • Judgements of the Just: The reduction in cooldown to Hammer of Justice provided by this talent has been reduced to 5/10 seconds instead of 10/20 seconds.
  • Touched by the Light: This talent now provides 20/40/60% of the paladin’s strength as spell power instead of 10/20/30% of the paladin’s stamina.

I was hoping for at least one more week, but clearly I'm not going to get it. What does this mean to me, well clearly it's going to be harder to stay at a high ranking. Not only is this set of stuff a huge nerf, most other classes are getting buffed!?!?!

No one's surprised about these nerfs coming, even I know a little something should change. But the loss of roughly 400 spellpower is hard to swallow. However, one can make up some of that with gear. Loosing 10 seconds of cooldown on a stun however, that's just unpleasant.

I'm unclear on how much the Ardent Defender change is going affect me. At the end of the day we'll see how the rating goes. I should be hitting some games tonight so we'll see what happens.

5 comments:

David said...

I like this blog. I like your posts. But I have zero sympathy for your prot healer spec being nerfed.

Tom said...

Thanks David,

I don't expect any sympathy, unless you're a prot pally :)

David said...

Just go back to ret; a real man's spec. ;)

So did you end up respeccing holy? Or did stay prot heals?

Tom said...

Tuesday was a BAD night - sigh, I'll be trying again tonight to see if a 2nd night is any better or not, hopefully a new post tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Getting no love from me as our biggest problem was the prot pally healers in 2's.

What do you plan to do, keep running it with the nerfs or possibly go holy/ret?

Our problem was we could enver put any pressure on the pally as he would never die, interupts/dots/MS efects seemed to just make them laugh. often our wins would come from their mistakes and rarely our tactics.

We are not great but I have 2 teams with relentless weaps.

Resto druid (me) and war
Disc preist (me) and rogue

The disc/rogue we can win with enough pressure and a kill on the war but my druid/war just ends up with a 10-20min fight where I finally go oom or give up.

Been following your blog and wondering what you think most of these prot pally healers will end up doing now?