So I wanted to take a minute and address some of the PvP changes listed in patch 3.2 Some are pally specific others are general, but surprisingly no one seems to be writing about it. And frankly at least one of the points is huge....
Well I'm not going to dance around the elephant in the room.
- The newest season of Arena gear can only be purchased if you meet the requirements with your 3 or 5 player team rating. Rating requirements from 2 player teams can still be used to purchase the previous season of gear.
So come patch 3.2 if you want any Furious gear for the season your 2's rating will not be enough. 3's or 5's will be mandatory. I'm talking everything from the lowly furious bracers at 1400 to that sexy 2h weapon at 1750. If you're like a huge percentage of teams out there without a 3's or 5's you'd better get any gear you qualify for NOW. You've been warned... Sure at the end of the day it should increase participation in these dead brackets which ultimately will be good. But scheduling will be more of an issue, more fights will break out amongst teams and overall I think there will be less gear progression in PvP, that is not a good thing.
- The entire Arena has increased in size by 25%.
- Mounts can now be used in this Arena.
- The position and collision of the crates on the central platform has been modified.
- Alcoves have been removed from the starting chambers.
- Two line-of-sight tombstones have been added to the slime pool on the southern side of the map.
- The collision around the central tomb has been smoothed out to prevent players from becoming stuck on the terrain as often.
- Exorcism: Now has a 1.5 second cast time, but can once again be used on players.
- Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.
There we go, there's a lot of other stuff, seal changes, wintergrasp changes, battleground changes. They're all being covered nicely at just about every other site. So I'll leave it to them for now. Plus you can be assured about half of it will be tweaked before the patch.